Sunday 20 May 2007

The Bible Seller


Osofo (pastor) is a familiar sight around Kintampo with his neat stack of Bibles and concordances strapped to the back of his motorbike. He works for the Bible Society pedalling Bibles in English and Twi, as well as large American concordances. He sold me a copy of a Twi Bible and also offered me a DVD endearingly named 'Jesus in Twi'. The cover was emblazoned with photos of a saintly blond Christ, blue eyes lifted pathetically to heaven. 'You can hear the words of Jesus in Twi' the pastor said, he thought it might help me in my quest to learn the language.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Ursy! Your work is going to be of interest to some of my colleagues, especially as we've started a mental health project now which involves asylum seeker and refugee researchers. The ultimate aim is to get more appropriate services for them, but there are already other foreseen and unforeseen outcomes! I'll forward your blog to them if you don't mind.

Good to see you looking well. Hope to see more soon!

Besos,

Heather
x